Jim started playing just before he turned 16. His career has been mainly Perth-based with excursions throughout the State and the rest of Australia, as well as South East Asia.
Jim's musical influences are extensive, which reflects in the many styles of bands and artists he's performed with – for example:
- Mainstream pop/rock with 'Capri' 'Al Fonzarelli and the Joy Boys' 'Pulse' 'Cyclone Tracee'
- Harder Rock/Blues/Progressive with 'The Happy Sinners', 'Resonance Project', 'Jac Dolton Band', 'Lady Zeppelin' and 'Graham Greene Band'
- Blues/Boogie with 'Mark Vine' and, for many years, 'On the Level'
- Funk with 'Saxafunk' 'Emjay'
- Latin/Rock with 'The Australian Santana Experience'
- Folk with 'Paul White' and 'Pink and White Bridge'
There have also been many freelance and backing performances for local, national and international artists… but now he's VERY happy to have settled into "BB & Co".